Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's All Worth It In The End

I went into labor a month early. Did not plan this, but I should have known since my belly could not stretch ANY further. I didn't even know what to expect if my water ever broke, but it did... at 6am. I was lucky because my husband leaves for school shortly after, so if my water didn't break until after, I would be alone at home with no one to help me. It scared me a lot since I didn't think I would experience my water breaking with a planned c-section in the future. I'm glad it happened though because I got to see the twins a month early! No one ever really tells you about everything that they are going to put you through in the hospital. All the prep work, tests, needles.. sleepless nights... But one thing that everyone DID tell me was that "it will all be worth it in the end."


Going through the c-section, I told myself I would never go through this again. But I bet A LOT of moms say that to themselves while going through delivery. Looking back on my whole pregnancy (as awful as it was) and delivery, I would do it again in a heartbeat... and I probably will. hehehe.

Since they were born a month early, one twin had to stay in the NICU for about a week. He was having respiratory problems and would stop breathing when sucking on the bottle or pacifier.  The doctors said this was common since they are premature.  That was really difficult for my husband and me. It involved frequent visits to the hospital everyday. Of course we took the other baby with us (even though we had a nanny). I didn't want to be separated from the babies any more than I had to be!


Overall, both babies were healthy and weighing in around 5 lbs each.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All who would win joy, must share it; happiness was born a twin. -Lord Byron