Friday, April 15, 2011

6 Months - Solids!

SO much has happened in the past couple months and there are TRULY not enough hours in the day.  The twins have been trying to "hop" (can't crawl yet) and they just started eating solids a couple days ago.  I've decided to make all of their solid food rather than buying it at the store.  It's going to be a big commitment, but I hope to stick to it!  It's not that commercial baby food is necessarily bad, it's just that homemade baby food is more fresh and I know exactly what goes into it.  To start off, I'm feeding them brown rice cereal.  So easy to make!  The first time they weren't so sure about it, but the second time, they actually open their mouths eagerly... even though 90% of it spills out since they don't know to close their mouths!

If you're interested in making baby cereal, brown rice is a great first choice since it's more nutritious than white rice (wholesomebabyfood.com).  
1. Grind the rice so it's a fine powder.
2.  Store in an airtight container until you're ready to use it.
3.  Boil 1 cup of water and add 1/4 c. rice powder gradually, stirring constantly.
4.  Simmer for 10 minutes, while stirring.  
5.  Add formula or breast milk to desired consistency.  

Since I like to make it fresh, I usually just boil about 1/2 c. water and add a few tablespoons of rice powder.  I was told by the doctor to keep doing this for about a month, and if they still spit out most of it, add a little fruit to it to sweeten the rice up!

My mom got me some Gerber BPA free baby spoons that are great.  They're rubber coated and small enough to fit in their mouths.

******************************************************************
They also have been chewing on everything!  Sometimes I feel like I have two new puppies!!  I am happy to say that they are now able to say mom!  Well, technically it's "mom" in korean... eomma, or oma.  So everytime they cry, I always hear "eommmmmaaaaaaa"!

We put Leo in the Pampers diaper box.



I went to grab a diaper for 2 seconds and Max was already trying to get away.



Leo... and cartoon Leo



Their favorite toy right now is probably this elephant.  It plays a melody if you press it and it's the only thing that will stop them from crying!  I found Max asleep like this hugging the elephant :)



Max, again, sleeping and smiling... must be dreaming about an unlimited supply of milk to drink!



Max was hiding behind this blanket.  Looked like a ninja baby ready to attack!



Max (left), Leo (right)



They are starting to fall asleep on their backs more now.  Leo passed out in a mound of blankets.



Whenever we feed them, they insist on holding the bottle.  See below for example :



Leo was jealous watching Max hold the bottle all by himself.



Leo sucking his thumb.  Two brothers looking at each other.



Max fell asleep after I put him in his bear coat.  They no longer fit into these coats, unfortunately.  So sad.



I caught Max attacking/playing with Leo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All who would win joy, must share it; happiness was born a twin. -Lord Byron